Friday, February 19, 2010

My Paramour

This poem has shades of lust. Yes, you read it right .But it is different in a particular way than what you are/may be thinking right now. As it is said that excess of anything is dangerous, the poem goes on the same lines and is about recognising and tring to overcome that devil. At the end of the poem you must have understood the real and complete meaning. Well,no offences intended in writing the poem.I priorly apologise if anyone is uncomfortable after reading.Well, guys and gals you can digest this. Enjoy!! The poem  is titled My Paramour. Btw, Paramore is one of the bands I listen to. Well here is the poem for you.

 


My Paramour

I was lonely and unloved
eagerly waiting to be loved

You came into my life
to vanish this sorrow
But you kept on loving me
like there's no tomorrow

You were there for me like a shadow
but now I think it is life
that I should borrow

I'm losing my life because of you
though others can't see and recognise you
You my paramour is nobody else
but my other real self

 
 



Many days back I heard  a song of the 90s which talked about the 'prime object' of the poem and then I also googled the side effects of excess of this object.This inspired me to write this poem.


P.S. Here I don't want to malign the word 'love' . It just has a different shade to it. It is also one of the most sacred words for me but it aptly replaced the original word and as always it was done for Euphemism's sake.

1 comment:

  1. ok so you answered my comment on the previous poem
    "confessions of.."

    ReplyDelete